Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week 6 - Be Green Challenge

Jinia Lee
Blog Post #6
As this challenge comes to an end, I am disappointed but still proud of the progress I have made in terms of becoming conscious of my spending habits and impulse buys. This week has been a little difficult in terms of my mental and physical health, so I let go of the challenge for a bit and bought a few things for myself. However, I limited how many things I can get and assessed if these items will remain liked and helpful throughout time. I feel that this challenge has definitely helped my outlook on sustainability and the effects of fast fashion. Whenever I look at clothes in stores, it always brings me back to the documentary, True Cost, and it prevents me from purchasing from fast fashion stores. In addition, the challenge and our exhibit project has inspired me to learn more on how to upcycle old clothes, so I'm excited to spend more time on that during the summer :)

I've been watching this YouTuber for awhile and I love how easy she makes upcycling look since she doesn't do any complicated things.


No comments: