Friday, August 6, 2010

First Week of Compact Challenge


This is my first blog regarding the compact challenge and discussing this class.

While I was reading this weeks reading, I found it quite interesting how much I was learning about fashion. I did not think of fashion in that manner before. While I was reading the "Introduction in (Re)orienting Fashion," I recognized that there were many examples of clothings that I had or may have seen before that are popular examples of a country's fashion in the past decades. Also, from our first class, I realized that I do not know much about fashion. I knew haute couture was considered high fashion, but I did not know that it was individually handmade to fit a individual.

I started the compact challenge this week. So far, the challenge is not difficult for me. I already did my money's worth of shopping last month and I dont think I will need to buy anything new soon. Im pretty sure that I will be able to honor this challenge. Also, I think it will help me save money. Since I will have to hold the urge at times to buy certain items that I think I will need. Yay, for having a reason to not buy something!

-Alice Phun

Sources:

Inside Source: Niessen, S. A., Ann Marie. Leshkowich, and Carla Jones. Re-orienting Fashion: the Globalization of Asian Dress. Oxford: Berg, 2003. Print.

Image: http://www.yournewfragrance.com/Chanel-s/1933.htm

2 comments:

be green 101 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
be green 101 said...

Remember to engage in the argument of the article. Read other posts to get the sense of this. 3/5