Friday, December 28, 2012

Blog #6

Blog #6
Nicky Lei


I apologize for the super late entry. I thought I had wrote a blog #6, but it turns out that I didn't. The Be Green challenge was a very insightful experience. I'm really glad that I took this experience. I didn't think that I was going to make through the four weeks since I like to spend a lot. I've realized that I do spend a lot of my money on things that I don't really need. From this challenge, I found myself digging through my old things and seeing how I am able to reuse it. I began to knit scarves again. I also went to a thrift store for the first time to check it out. I was going to a friend's place and there was a thrift store on the way, so I decided to drop by. I always wanted to go to a thrift store but never had a chance to. They actually had some pretty nice stuff in there. This challenge has really opened my eyes. I've realized that many people in this world don't have the luxury of getting whatever they want. Many have to work extremely long hours just to make ends meet. In college, I'm noticing people's spending habits more and more. A lot of the times I hear stories about them buying all these things and in the end they don't even use it. It makes me want to tell them to go through this challenge. I think that everyone should go through this challenge. It will definitely open up their eyes and make them realize how much they're spending. It's been almost a month since the end of the Be Green Challenge and I am still careful of not spending too much. Whenever I'm about to purchase something I always ask myself if it's a want or a need. Most of the time it's just a want. The lessons I've learned through this challenge, I will remember and use them for the future.

No comments: