Sunday, April 28, 2019

Week 1 | Be Green

Rida Riaz
Be Green Challenge Blogpost #1
ASA 141







Going into the first week of this challenge I don't really know what to expect. Part of me says it's going to be easy and the other part is slightly freaking out. As the past week and a half, we saw documentaries and read a lot of journal articles about consumerism as well as behind the scenes in fast fashion which has made shopping off putting for me for the time being. What's sad is that I might still cave into going shopping occasionally at an H&M or Zara because it's easy as well as affordable. However, this challenge will allow me to stop having the need to go shopping constantly and cut down not only my spending, but also partaking in the consumerism of fast fashion. I'm really excited for this challenge as I want to change my shopping habit and learn how to have control as well as persistence over wanting to constantly add things to my wardrobe. I want to spend wisely, not stupidly. The more things one has the more materialistic they become and I want to limit the things I have in life to focus on better, healthy living. I have a feeling that this isn't going to be too difficult for me since even though I love shopping and occasionally do it, it's not something I do on a weekly basis. Plus, I stopped shopping a week prior to this challenge to start getting ready for it rather than jumping straight into it.

I'm really glad the professor is making us do this challenge as it was the kick I needed to stop spending foolishly. Let's see how this goes! 





No comments: