Saturday, June 1, 2019

Final Week

So-Hyeon (Diana) Park
ASA 141
The Last Green Challenge Post

As the title of the project alludes, the past five weeks have been, indeed, a challenge for me. I used to buy products when they were on sales whether I needed them or not. Probably the advanced technology was not on my side: All I had to do to purchase a product was to click a few buttons. The Green Challenge was not a huge success for me to be honest. I broke my commitment and ended up buying some random things as their prices went down because it was Mother's Day, Veteran's Day, the list goes on and on. Yet it was not a total failure either since I was able to control myself from time to time, and at this point I can prioritize things I need right now and only buy those necessities. I am thankful for the opportunity through which I got to practice controlling my consumeristic habit.

Again, going back to week 3 when we discussed fast fashion and its behind the scenes, we have a real reason to fight against consumerism: suffering laborers throughout the world, especially in the Third World. Here is what the producers of "The True Cost" have to say about the film and what they had to do to produce it:
.

No comments: