Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Week 6: Jacqueline Yee


-->
Jacqueline Yee
Week 6
ASA 141

The challenge is over. I am surprised I lasted the full six weeks without purchasing clothing, so part of me is glad the challenge is over so I can buy new clothes. This last week was really tough since I had to attend a conference, I wanted to purchase some new blouses and tops. However, I had to do everything in my power to refrain myself. I was able to rummage through my closet and borrow some blouses from my sister, so I went to the conference with some good business casual outfit choices. Doing this challenge made me more aware of how I spend my money on material items because of the process and places that it is made. The brands I buy stand for what I endorse, so it is important to understand the whole supply chain of fashion, not just the part on the sales floor. This picture sums up what I was so ignorant about before this challenge and reading the class material.Image result for fast fashion



This challenge has also made me more aware of the use and excess waste generated by activities other than clothing. For example, food and travel toiletries. The use of plastic accumulates and from here on out, I will try to be more aware of my actions and spending habits. I can buy plastic travel bottles to refill myself, buy bar soaps instead of soap in plastic bottles, and in terms of food, bring my own utensils and straws.

Works cited:
2. U.S. News & World Report. (n.d.). Santa's Sweatshop. Retrieved April 28, 2019, from https://www.saigon.com/nike/news/Us1.html


-->

No comments: