Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week6 Be green

Week6
Be Green
Xinyu Yang

In the last week of the challenge, I succeeded in not buying clothes and shoes. This made me find that I saved a lot of money compared to last year's bank bill in May. Maybe in the summer, I can make a short trip instead of buying unwanted items. In fact, I found that in addition to impulsive consumption, I still have many places to improve for a green life. For example, by reducing the use of Uber, Lyft and other App, public transportation is a more environmentally friendly option. How to maintain "Be green" is a huge challenge in later life. In fact, I already need to buy some clothes for the summer.
How to find a balance between consumption and environmental protection is a huge problem. 
Eleanor Amari (ambassador at Remake, a sustainable fashion non-profit based in San Francisco, California) says, “One common misconception is that we actually spend less on fast fashion. Over the course of a lifetime, we actually spend more on fast fashion than we would if we invest in higher quality things.”   Long-term non-consumption is an impossible task for me to shop. Then buying second-hand, high-quality items, and local shopping may be my compromise and the best option. These behaviors can reduce carbon emissions




THE IMPACT OF TEXTILES AND THE CLOTHING INDUSTRY ON THE ENVIRONMENT  NEWS; By Sam Schipani ;LAST UPDATED JAN 15, 2019

No comments: