Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week 6 - Diane Tran

Diane Tran
ASA 141
Week 6

As the Be Green Challenge comes to an end, I really wanted to reflect what I learned from this whole quarter. In addition, I did not support any fash fashion this whole quarter and this makes me feel really good about myself because of everything we have learned about this topic such as the human rights being violated while working long hours and getting low pay. At the beginning of this quarter, I really struggled with this challenge because I would occasionally find myself randomly scrolling on websites to window shop. I often would find myself wanting to buy items such as clothes and shoes. And as weeks flew by, I find that the challenge started to become easier and easier.
In addition, according to the article we read this week, "Asian On My Mind" by Thuy Linh Nguyen who emphasizes that their fashion is "partly inherited, partly modified, and partly invented." This made me realize how many designers use the influence of Asia as influences for their designs or even inspirations, but in a way, Asian Americans are never recognized for their own work. As an Asian American, I feel somewhat betrayed how my country would use Asian traditions and influences as inspirations but never recognized the Asian ethnicity. 

Image result for fashion sustainability
Work Cited:
Thuy Linh Nguyen. "Asian On My Mind"

No comments: