Sunday, June 2, 2019

The End

Christian Funk
ASA141

The challenge is finally coming to and end. The past five weeks haven't been too bad for me, not much of a challenge. Though I must say it's a sigh of a relief this is ending because my birthday is coming up and I'm trying to buy some stuff and treat myself. All in all, these past five weeks have been good and I'm glad I've gone through it. Everyone should try and challenge themselves like this.

The article this week talked about the definition of fashion. Fashion is seen as only a Western phenomenon. This is inaccurate as fashion is global. Fashion does not just influence us in the states or even Western society. It is the invisible that are behind the scenes that suffer. I relate this back to the five-week challenge. Our consumerism, in short, we may only think of ourselves in the short-run. In the end scheme of things, many, many are affected and it largely goes unnoticed. We all should do our part and stop the disaster that is the Western phenomenon of extreme consumerism.


No comments: