Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week 6

As the Be Green Challenge comes to an end I have noticed I have become better at using what I already have in new ways. I had one of my clubs banquets this weekend and needed to dress up for it. Rather than going out and buying something new for the occasion, which isn't very sustainable. I dug out my entire closet to find something usable. I ended up pulling together something better than I would've bought by mixing and matching things I've owned for a long time. In a way that was completely unique and different than I've ever used them before. I was able to repurpose a lot of great pieces which I haven't even seen since high school. This may have been the best outcome of the Be Green Challenge for me.

Through this experience I've looked into other ways of repurposing my old clothes. I found numerous websites with many great ways of creating useful new items out of things many of us have too much of, like old t-shirts.
https://www.lifehack.org/453113/27-creative-ways-to-reuse-old-clothing

J.J. Noel 
week 6
ASA 141 Be Green Challenge

No comments: