Sunday, May 19, 2019

Be Green: Week 4

Haley Bergman
ASA-141
Week 4
http://media.designerpages.com/2013/12/cool-compostables-green-trend/
This week I found no issues with the challenge at all. This is probably due to the fact that my week has been so busy. I have had multiple midterms and I have begun packing up my room and stuff so I haven't really had free time to go online shopping and the idea of bringing more stuff into the hurricane that is my room currently is just terrifying to even think about. I have had multiple friends who have wanted me to go shopping with them at Forever 21 since it is right across the street from campus but every time I have talked about the issues with fast fashion and I think that some of my friends are now also moving away from shopping at stores like Forever21 and H&M. I guess the way I would connect this to this week's readings is to remember the significance that goes into every piece of cloth because someone has created it, and the circumstances in which that cloth was made is just as important as the cloth itself. This would relate to the fact that fast fashion clothes are often made in horrible environments with workers who are trapped in the industry making less than minimum wage.

No comments: