Monday, May 13, 2019

Week 3: Be Green

Week 3
Haley Bergman
ASA-141


Ranker.com

These past few weeks have been surprisingly easy for me. I had begun doing some research into the kinds of brands whose clothes I owned in my closet, and the makeup and skin care lines I used daily, and it turns out that the majority of them actually abide by sustainable and ethical business models. 


IdentityMag.com








This brought a lot of relief since it meant that I would not have to change up much about my everyday routine to still be supporting sustainability in fashion. 

RubbishRenewed.com


I did find out however that the many of the shoes that I owned came from brands who do not practice sustainable or ethical manner which was disheartening since I had not previously known the extent to which I had supported these kinds of companies whose values do not align with my own.

TheCut.com








Also this week I came across the unconventional materials challenge on project runway which really inspired me since these designers were able to create absolutely stunning designs all created from crazy materials. These designs made me question the materials we use in fashion and whether or not we could expand those textiles to some of the more "unconventional" materials seen on the fashion runway.


No comments: