Sunday, May 26, 2019

Week5 -Xinyu_Yang

Week5
Be Green Challenge
Xinyu Yang



Since I haven't bought clothes recently, I think it makes my life easier. I also sorted out the items in my home and found too many kitchen utensils and cups. I never found out that I would have 8 cups and some disposable paper cups.  In fact, I always use only one of them. This made me realize that not only for clothes but also for daily necessities, I also need to restrain my own waste behavior.
This week's reading also made me realize that I always am attracted by more beautiful advertisements for the choice of goods. The beautiful, cute, or sexy image of a female model has risen to the hearts of the people. As consumers, we are gradually being affected by advertising. Consumers also gradually began to try to move closer to the image of the model. Especially in Asian society, most of the demands for women are "good wife and a good mother." Therefore, in the advertisements of many household cleaning articles, the producers use the image of "good wife and good mother". This has deepened the stereotype for women. Gradually give the illusion that women should be responsible for housework.



Katherine Toland Frith. "Race and Beauty: A Comparison of Asian and Western Models in Women's Magazine Advertisements"

No comments: