Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week 4 Be Green Challenge

Week 4
Abigail Wang

Week 4

This week has been definitely more challenging than the other weeks of the challenge. I found myself looking online on sites like Etsy and Sephora for different products I like and I wanted to buy them. I had to remind myself of the challenge and resist buying any new products. I challenged myself last week to pack my lunch more often. I did pretty well and packed my lunch last week, but I sometimes did not put my sandwich in a tupperware and instead I put in a plastic bag, which is wasteful. If I did that I tried to make sure to reuse that bag to make it a bit less wasteful. My partner brought over some clothes they did not want anymore and asked me if I wanted any of them before they donated them. I looked through and kept a few of the pieces. This was a really fun way to get some new clothes and recycle them instead of buying new ones. I hope to do more clothing exchanges like this in the future. This week I hope to continue to pack my lunch and put it in tupperware. I also hope I can eat out less, because this week I ate out more frequently, and this is often wasteful as well. Because I used a lot of paper napkins, plastic cups, straws etc. I aim to try and cook for myself this week in order to waste less materials. 

Photo of a company's clothing swap they held. 

No comments: