Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week 4: Be Chic, Be Green

Sidney Siu
Blog 4
Be Green Challenge

Related imageAs we close the forth week of the Be Green Challenge, I take pride in saying that I've had very good self control with buying material items. Although I continue to go to event after event (semi-formal/business attire), I have refrained myself from buying new outfits. A lot of what I spend my money on comes from purchasing food and gas. So, it helps my bank account that I'm not spending money on new clothes since gas prices are so high right now.

Relating to this weeks readings is the significance of clothing. What you wear shows what you represent-- Hmong people created textiles to represent many of the their culture's stories and experiences, while many folks in the U.S. wear whatever represents their own personal style or identity (which might also include cultural pieces). As I start to wear more of my old business attire, I am now realizing how much I have always loved the business chic look. For me, the significance represents that even though I had always been a mature kid, I was never able to rock the business look at my age. Now that I'm older and I actually have more events to go to, I want to reshape my style and eventually add more cute business attire to my closet. In the meantime, I'll have to wait and think about how I can purchase such items while still being more eco-friendly!

No comments: