Sunday, May 12, 2019

Week 3

Isabelle Perlada
ASA141
May 12, 2019

This week of the challenge was somewhat easy in a sense for me because I didn't have a lot of time or energy to leave my apartment. However, this did pose a new challenge for me in that I really love online shopping, especially during times of distress in my life. I was on Facetime with one of my bigs (not my actual older sister, but just an older sister figure I gained through a Fil Am organization on campus) and she was talking about new skincare that she had just purchased, including a face mask that I had always been curious to try out myself. I was definitely invested in this conversation, as my skin hasn't been very good lately from trying some different products than I usually use and have been feeling desperate for a solution to get it back to normal. I quite literally immediately hopped onto Amazon to put the mask and some accessory items in my shopping cart, and when I was about to hit "Place Order" I remembered that this purchase applied to this challenge as well.

What made it hard to resist this particular temptation was the fact that my big wasn't aware of my participation in this challenge and so she was enabling me to make this purchase. I realized that that would be a big obstacle for the rest of this challenge, and that a factor to the success that I hope for is that I should inform those closest to me that I am trying to break my spending habits. This way, they can support my efforts and help to hold me accountable.

To help me do better towards this challenge this coming week, I found this podcast targeted towards college students on breaking bad spending habits.

No comments: