Friday, May 10, 2019

Week 3- Diane Tran

Diane Tran
ASA 141
Week #3

It's week 3 and I am still going strong into the challenge. Since it is closer to week 7, I have no time to think about shopping or even get tempted. I am swamped with school, internships, and extracurriculars so that's a bonus to still be going on in the challenge since I thought it was going to be super hard to resist the urge of buying clothes or shoes. The next couple of weeks will be hard for me since I have my cousins wedding on July 6th and I still need to shop for a dress to wear. I feel like I can find other options instead of purchasing such as borrowing a dress from a friend. I tried to stop overthinking the dress and window shop because I know it'll lead to me shopping for other items. Since Mother's day was coming up I also was very tempted to get my mom either shoes or clothes because she loves having new shoes and clothes, but I ended up making her pressed flowers that she can frame!
This week emphasized that social media plays a big factor in trending fashion. According to the article "Japanese Teens as Producers of Street Fashion" by Yuniya Kawamura depicts how teenagers this age are the true influencers of trending fashion. She also emphasizes that teenagers individual identity is seen as more important than group identity in Japanese culture. Hence a question I have in mind is the young generation really influencers of trending fashion? Is this because of the trending fashion people see on social media portrayed by celebrities, influences, or even teenagers that just have a huge following base?
Image result for kylie jenner trending fashion
Works Cited:
Kawamura, Yuniya. “Japanese Teens as Producers of Street Fashion.” Current Sociology, vol. 54,
no. 5, 2006, pp. 784–801., doi:10.1177/0011392106066816.

 Brewer, Taylah, and Taylah Brewer. “How to Steal Kylie Jenner's Style.” Fashion Trends and Style Blog, 1 Mar. 2018, www.thetrendspotter.net/kylie-jenner-style/.


No comments: