Saturday, May 18, 2019

Week 4 - Be Green Challenge

Elaine Yang
ASA 141
Week 4 Be Green


I would say that these past few weeks participating in the challenge have been very easy. I have personally held off very well from purchasing clothes. After taking the time to clean out my closet, it made me realize that I do not need to shop at least the next three month. After reading and researching Fast Fashion, I became very aware of my purchasing habits when it comes to clothing. Learning about the Fast Fashion life cycle definitely made me think twice about purchasing cheap, disposable clothing pieces at Forever21.
Although I kept in check with my cloth purchases, I did eat out a lot this particular week. Since midterm week just passed, activities within my dance team picked up, and that resulted in late night boba/ food runs after practices. It is hard to have self-control at 11PM, therefore I did make a lot of irrational purchases in that category. Since I have eaten out so much, my goal for the next week will be to control the number of times I eat out, be more conscious about purchasing non-necessities such as boba and cook more food at home to save money and be healthier. Eating out will definitely eliminate the amount of trash, plastic output as well.
For the upcoming memorial day weekend, I hope I will be conscious about my purchase decisions since I will be heading home to SF. It will be difficult to hold myself back from temptation such as ramen, KBBQ, hot pot, but I will try my best to indulge responsibly.

(Boba tea from one of the frequently visited places in Davis. One of the most popular boba spots among Davis dance teams due to the fact that it closes at 2AM)

No comments: