Sunday, May 12, 2019

Week 3- Narayan


Pryanka Narayan
ASA 141
Week 7
            It is now week three of the Green challenge, and while I understand the importance behind this movement, I have been having a very difficult time. For instance, as I’ve mentioned in my previous blog, many of the clothes that I enjoy wearing such as dresses and shorts are going on sale. It has been very difficult to not indulge in sales. In addition, next week is also my boyfriend’s graduation from Sac State. I am extremely proud of him and wanted to buy him a wonderful graduation present and cake. Thankfully he is very understanding and is aware I will get him something after this challenge. The article we read for class, Japanese Teens as Producers of Street Fashion really made me realize just how influential young adults are in the concept of fashion and how easy it is for them to create trends. Such as cashiers who work at Forever 21, they are always wearing beautiful and trendy clothing, and it makes one want to buy similar clothes. While it’s nice to see that the younger generation can have such an impact on society, it can also be harmful. For instance, an article I read, In Trendy World Of Fast Fashion, Styles Aren't Made To Last, discusses how often fast fashion is cheap to buy, with cheap materials and doesn’t last long. Due to the low cost and concept of trendy fashion consumers don’t think twice about the repercussions. Reading articles as such reminds me of the importance of this challenge.



                                                            Citation
Kawamura, Yuniya. “Japanese Teens as Producers of Street Fashion - Yuniya Kawamura,
Zarroli, Jim. “In Trendy World Of Fast Fashion, Styles Aren't Made To Last.” NPR, NPR, 11





No comments: