Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Week 2: Be Green - Shang Her


Shang Her
Be Green
Blog #2

I was watching a clip from Extreme Cheapskates. There's a part in the video were Kate talked about how she doesn't use paper towels or toilet paper. Instead, she uses water to rise herself after she is doing her business. Kate talked about how she doesn't understand why people would spend money on something they are just throwing away after one use.

I thought about what she said and I, myself do purchase items, use it once, and tose it away. For example, plastic utensils and containers. One thing I recently started doing is using a reusable straw so I don't throw away a straw each time I go to Starbucks or Jamba Juice.

I wonder if there has to be a line from being Green and being cheap? In the video, Kate found used furniture instead of buying new. Where would the line be for being Green?   

No comments: