Friday, May 10, 2019

Week 3 - Be Green Challenge #3

Alyssa Vang - ASA 141 - Week 3 - Be Green Challenge #3

It's the third week of the Be Green Challenge and I have been having a hard time not to shop. I found myself constantly still shopping online. I look through online shops but I never put them into my cart. I feel like having no interest in most fashion trends makes it easier for one when shopping. It kind of limits your choices and it makes it easier for you not to buy anything. There was a night where I bought a pair of shoes for $17 because I really liked the holographic fabric but then I didn't realize it until after I have already purchased it. I did feel kind of sad but I thought that maybe when they are worn out, I could use the holographic parts onto clothes for festival wear. Speaking of festival wear, I have a festival coming soon and I wanted to buy bottoms but then I realized that I needed to be sustainable and maybe I should reuse my clothes. As a fun project I decided to go through my fabric box and was able to find a ton of tulle and I thought that maybe instead of buying bottoms I can make it so I decided to make a tutu. Making the tutu was lots of fun but time consuming but it was well worth it because now I have a unique piece that I have made from home. I also needed a top to match the tutu so I had a long sleeves that was sitting in my closet. Since it might be hot, I decided to cut the sleeves off and use the sleeves as leg warmers so that I was able to use most pieces for the shirt. I then added LED lights and put personal touches and I was so happy with the outcome! I think it looked awesome!

No comments: